Contact us
+1 (306) 715-3755

Super Visa for Parents and Grandparents

Helping Families Fulfill Dreams

Super Visa for Parents and Grandparents

The Super Visa in Canada is for foreign parents and grandparents of a Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents. For individuals who generally would have to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa, the Super Visa is a great alternative.

For Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents

The Super Visa is a family stream which allows both Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents to sponsor their parents and their grandparents. This visa is granted to thousands of people each year.

For Parents and Grandparents

The super visa lets you visit your children or grandchildren for up to two years at a time. If you want to stay for six months or less, apply for a visitor visa.

To be eligible for the super visa, you must:

  • be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada
  • have a signed letter from the child or grandchild who invites you to Canada that includes:
    • a promise of financial support for the duration of your visit
    • the list and number of people in the household of this person
    • a copy of this person’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document
  • have medical insurance from a CANADIAN insurance company that is:
    • valid for at least one year from the date of entry
    • at least $100,000 for minimum coverage
    • have proof that the medical insurance has been paid (quotes aren’t accepted)
You must also:
  • be allowed to enter Canada
  • take an immigration medical exam
  • meet certain other conditions

Contact Alexene Immigration and Employment Services Inc to see what steps you should take, know the proof of funds required and conditions to consider when applying under this stream and we will guide and will assist you with the process.

Need help? Find answers to your questions.

Did you find this information helpful? Share this link.