Permanent Resident Application Under the Live-in Caregiver Program
Alexene Immigration and Employment Services Inc can assist you in your application for Permanent Residence in Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP).
You can apply for a Permanent Residence in Canada if you are a Live-in Caregiver and have met the following qualifications:
- have been working in Canada under the Live-in Caregiver Program for at least 24 months, or
- worked a total of 3,900 hours within four years of arriving in Canada, and
- have a valid work permit to work in a home offering live-in care for children, seniors or the disabled.
For new applicants, the Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP) is closed. You can only apply for permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP) if you:
- are already working in Canada with an LCP work permit, or
- were approved for your first LCP work permit based on an employer’s positive Labour Market Impact Assessment application submitted on or before November 30, 2014
Otherwise, you may still qualify for permanent residence through the Caring for Children or Caring for People with High Medical Needs classes.
Need help? Find answers to your questions.
Did you find this information helpful? Share this link.